Friday, March 19, 2010

Seeing our little Reagan on the big screen-24 weeks

It's been a month, a really long month, since we've seen Reagan on an ultrasound. I have felt her moving around quite a bit in the past several days, so I knew that she was doing fine. Still there was something just so relieving seeing and hearing her heartbeat and seeing her move around. That little girl of ours can't be still. I cherish each movement I feel, even the ones at 3am. Reagan is growing, that is evident by the size of my expanding tummy. She's still measuring a couple of weeks behind and we can still see that her heart has a VSD (Ventricular septal defect, a hole in the wall that separates the right and left ventricles of the heart). The miracle that we've been praying for that God would heal her here on earth hasn't happened, but we still have hope that it will. Meanwhile, God gives us little miracles; feeling her kick, giving us another day with her, seeing that she is growing. I am thankful that God trusted us to protect her and love her.

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

3 comments:

  1. Cindy,

    You write beautifully! I know this blog will help other mothers' who are experiencing or who have experienced this very difficult experience of loss. You are blessing others even in your pain.

    Love,
    Maxann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Bob, and Reagan are a special family that God had planned from time eternal....wholly loved, completely covered in His blood, and under the shadow of His Almighty, merciful wings.

    Thanks for sharing your heart, and Reagan's story.

    Pax Christi....

    L., B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am 23 weeks and we were told our son may have tri-18 about 2-3 weeks ago. I have been doing some research for families that have gone through this. Im so happy that I have come across your blog! I have a blog too called http://thesoutherncricket.blogspot.com/
    My husband and I have been praying so hard. We named him Tate. Tate has a hole in his heart, cysts on his brain, clenched hands, and hes in the 25th percentile for his gestational age. I feel I fear the worst but I still have a little hope for a miracle. Hoping to do a amnio soon. Maybe it will ease my mind. If you dont mind I would love to follow your blog.
    my email is dckajones@att.net

    ReplyDelete