Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bedtime Stories

A month or so before Reagan was born I stopped at Barnes & Noble and picked up a few childrens books. I bought My Story Bible, On the Night You Were Born and God Gave Us You. I knew I probably wouldn't be given the chance to tuck her in her own crib and read her a story before going to sleep. My only opportunity would be to read to her before she was born. So many times I would sit in the glider in her room reading to her. Rarely could I make it through a book without crying. I hoped she could hear me whispering the words to her because sometimes it was just to hard to read them out loud.

Reagan's footprints are printed on the inside cover of God Gave Us You. It's such a tender story of a baby bear and how the bear came to be. To us it's a gentle reminder how God blessed us with Reagan, God chose us specifically to be her parents. I still love to read this book whether at home or at Reagan's grave site. Such joy there is to open this book at see her little footprints. Those footprints say to me, she was here. We will never have the opportunity to take more pictures, create more memories with her (until we join her in heaven). All we have is what we have already experienced. God gave us Reagan, to protect her, to love her, and to give her back. Although our story has lots of suffering and heartache, it has a very happy ending.

We miss and love you our sweet Reagan.

1 Thessalonians 3:6
But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment